[OpenAFS] Better Logging and Access Control

Brent Johnson brent.johnson@jpl.nasa.gov
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 18:18:42 -0800

Hello,

Actually, you can see reads, writes (and by whom) in the FileLog if you
turn on extra fileserver logging.  On Solaris you'd run "kill -TSTP
<fileserver PID>" successively (each time you run the command it gives
more detail--I've tried up to three iterations).  To restore normal
logging run "kill -HUP <fileserver PID>".  Normal logging is also
restored when the fileserver restarts.  This extra logging (esp. the 3rd
level/iteration) is quite voluminous.

-Brent