[OpenAFS] Why isn't my RO path working?

Charrick, Gordon gordon.charrick@tfn.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:56:08 -0500

I've got a test cell set up with two servers and three partitions. I've
created clones of root.afs and root.cell. My top level mount points look
like so:

[gordonc@loonie /afs]$ fs lsmount test .test
'test' is a mount point for volume '#root.cell'
'.test' is a mount point for volume '%root.cell'

However if I run the fs examine command I get the following. I'm also
clearly in the RW tree since I can write in the directory /afs/test. The
clones of root.afs and root.cell have been released, btw.

[gordonc@loonie /afs]$ fs exam /afs/test
Volume status for vid = 536870915 named root.cell

[gordonc@loonie /afs]$ fs exam /afs/.test
Volume status for vid = 536870915 named root.cell

Any quick clues?