[OpenAFS] MR-AFS [was: Re: OpenAFS Project List ]

Patrick J. LoPresti patl@curl.com
15 Mar 2001 11:48:53 -0500

Nathan Rawling <nrawling@firedrake.net> writes:

> I think the other benefits to this make it worthwhile. I hate
> maintaining a seperate fsck (and how many people have been burned
> that way?), and being able to dump /vice partitions would be
> nice. Even if it meant some nasty vos syncserv/syncvldbs at the end,
> "ufsdump" is WAY faster than "vos dump."

Does this imply that on Linux (where, as I understand it, no special
fsck is required) you could use the standard ext2 dump to back up
/vice partitions?

While I am asking, what *is* the layout of a /vice partition, anyway?
(For example, how are AFS-specific things like ACLs represented?)  A
pointer to a description would be fine...

 - Pat