[OpenAFS] /afs error: Does not exist

Thomas Vincent thomasv@apple.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:27:10 -0800

Hi,
Has anyone seen this error before? I am at a loss as to why it is doing
this. If I don't load the kernel modules, it is fine. If I do load them,
then it says afs doesn't exist. I am logged in as admin.
ls -la it doesn't show up.
ls it does.
Any ideas?

  SunOS maestro 5.8 Generic_108528-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250

^C# modinfo | grep afs
104 78066000  b6518  65   1  afs (afs syscall interface)
104 78066000  b6518  65   1  afs (afs syscall interface(32 bit))
104 78066000  b6518  18   1  afs (afs filesystem)
# ls /
           bin         devices     ftp         lib         mnt
platform    sbin        usr         vol
TT_DB       cdrom       etc         home        lost+found  net
proc        secure      var         xfn
afs         dev         export      kernel      mbox        opt
root        tmp         vicepa      yassp.bk
# ls /afs
/afs: No such file or directory
# cd /afs
/afs: does not exist
# file /afs
/afs:           cannot open: No such file or directory

My problems seem to have started on Solaris 8. Are things just no stable
on Solaris 8?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Vincent
Apple Computer