[OpenAFS] Lack of fsck in Solaris 8

Chas Williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:14:41 -0500

In message <3ABEF668.3F36BB7B@kom.auc.dk>,Ole Benner writes:
>I have notished this too. I have also tried to compile vfsck under
>Solaris-8 and it compiles fine. Is there filesystem changes in Solaris-8
>which requires changes in vfsck or why isn't there a vfsck for Solaris-8

since solaris is 'community source' now you should be able to build afs
support directly into fsck.  however, i strongly suspect that there is
little difference between the fsck's of solaris7 and solaris8 if you
are NOT using logging filesystems.  fsck needs to know how to deal with
logging filesystems.

however logging doesnt seem to work with 'raw' afs partitions so it doesnt
seem critical to add support for ufs logging to vfsck.  you also wouldnt need
vfsck though if you used the namei versions of the filesystems and could
benefit from logging ufs filesystems.