[OpenAFS] Trouble Initializing Cell

Geoff Silver geoff@uslinux.net
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:17:40 -0500 (EST)

Doh.  I found the problem.  The machine used to have a different IP, and
there was a mapping for the host name in /etc/hosts to the old IP. I
guess it wasw trying to connect to an IP of a machine which no longer
exists.

Everything has been going smoothly for a bit.  I rebooted, to make sure
the AFS extensions we're using some old IP (since reloading the module
seems to kernel dump on my machine).  Although, now when creating the afs
(or admin) users, I get:

ka> create afs
initial_password:
Verifying, please re-enter initial_password:
Creating user afs  : [____] server or network not responding

That would lead me to believe that *somewhere* the old IP exists, and AFS
is trying to use that.  I may trash and restart, but i hate to feel like
I'm taking a step back to go forward.

--
Geoff Silver					<geoff at uslinux dot net>
"Note To Self: Remember to put something witty here later..."