[OpenAFS] gdm + OpenAFS + linux 2.4.x + rh7.0?

Erik J Burckart erik@burckart.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:06:36 -0500

For whatever reason...I cannot login as an afs user to a GNOME or KDE
session from gdm with OpenAFS 1.0.3 or 1.0.2.  I have tried this on 2 RH
7.0 machines with Linux kernels 2.4.0 and 2.4.2.  Now, I can login on a
terminal and start X up.  The problem seems to be that something is not
getting tokens to read the correct files out of AFS space quickly
enough.  As far as pam configuration, I only added the one afs line
"auth  sufficient  /lib/security/pam_afs.so ignore_root try_first_pass"
as the first line in /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

I am going to further look into this, but thought I would throw this out
there in case anyone else had seen this.

-E