[OpenAFS] Re: fileserver crash, potential DOS

Bill Zumach zumach@bellatlantic.net
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:05:23 -0500

> We've been trying to light a fire under Transarc to sort this out and
> fix it, but so far the lack of a core file from the fileserver that
> isn't quite dead enough to core has prevented any significant progress
> on that front.  We've not been particularly eager to insist that the
> offending client be put down, since it is so far the only known way of
> re-producing the problem.
You can't get a core file. Linux does not do core dumps on multi-threaded
processes. Since you're still getting hit from the offending client, why
not collect some network traffic from the offending client and suggest they
use that for their analysis?

Bill Zumach
Fringent Technologies, Inc.