[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS & MIT Krb5

Andy Ming Kan andyming@pcbs.com.hk
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 23:23:38 +0800

Hi all,
What is the best way to setup OpenAFS with MIT kerberos Authnication. Before
I write this message, I had saw the AFS FAQ, Kerberos FAQ, How to set up AFS
with Kerberos V & IBM Manual. Up to now I still can't understanding as
follow
1 Is it create kaserver first, when I installing SCM, after that using
migration kit for change it to MIT Krb5? is it a must? is there any faster
way to do?
2 How do I confirm all the DB servers & FS servers are trusted to or using
MIT Krb5 (KDC)?
3 Is the rpms are enough to do this? (downloaded from openafs.org)
4 Can OpenAFS use DNS SRV recond to locate All Servers for Clients? &
Servers can do so?
5 Is there have a step by step guide?

Thanks
AndyMing