[OpenAFS] How to Install OpenAFS1.1.1a on Win2k

James Peterson jimpeter@us.ibm.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:22:21 -0800

> i'm new to OpenAFS and just want to have a look on it. As i currently =
> have only a W2k Machine available, i downloaded the current release for =
> NT/2000 from openafs.org and tried to install this. But when i try to =
> configure the server, i get an error message saying "The version of the =
> AFS Client on this computer is not compatible with the AFS Server. The =
> AFS Server requires at least version 3.5 of the AFS Client."

It is my understanding that version 1.1.1a of Open AFS for Windows fixed
your problem.

What version did you install?

Version information is available by a right click on the installation
routine or from the AFS Client dialog box.

Did you install both the client and server from version 1.1.1a?

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."