[OpenAFS] client doesn't see newly created replication sites

Ken Raeburn raeburn@MIT.EDU
16 Nov 2001 18:43:46 -0500

I was accessing a volume aproj.emacs from a Linux (Red Hat 7.1,
2.4.3-12smp) system running probably openafs 1.0.4 plus patches.  I
was using the pathname /afs/athena.mit.edu/astaff/project/emacs, a
"#aproj.emacs" mount point contained in a readonly volume.  There was
no aproj.emacs.readonly volume, so this got me the RW version.

I asked one of the admins to replicate and release it; she did.
Several hours later, under that same pathname, I was still getting the
RW volume.  On another Linux machine (running a later OpenAFS version
probably, but reinstalled since so I can't check) that had not used
that pathname since the previous reboot, I promptly got the new RO
volume.  On a Solaris box running (I think) Transarc AFS 3.6, I see
the RO volume.

I tried "fs checkv", "fs flushv", "fs flush", "fs flushm", everything
I could think of other than actually rebooting the machine.  No
change, that first machine still got only the RW volume.

It is now a week later, and the first machine is still finding the RW
volume.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Has it been fixed in a later
version we haven't taken yet?

Ken