[OpenAFS] Win2000 - Can't load GetWebDll.dll

James Peterson jimpeter@us.ibm.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:34:51 -0800

>  I've WinNT 4 SP 3 and I'm tryin' to setup an afs client on it.
>  I've downloaded the latest version of OpenAFS, but at the installation
>  time it said:
>  DLL Failed.
>  Couldn't loadC:\TEMP\_ISTMP5.DIR\GetWebDLL.dll.

There are two possibilities I can think of:
1. Windows NT should be used with  service Pack 4 or better (latest version
is SP 6).
2.  The current installation only supports the English language option.

If you are stuck with Service Pack 3, then I would need to know what is
failing:
1. Is GetWebDLL.dll located in "C:\TEMP\_ISTMP5.DIR\"?  Stop the
installation process after it unpacks it software, before answering
"English Installation" and look in the TEMP area.
2. Are there missing supporting DLL's?  Obtain a copy of Depends and scan
GetWebDll.dll.  It will tell you which DLL's are missing.

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."