[OpenAFS] AFS without local authentication

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:42:45 -0500

>For systems running Linux, you just set up glibc to use the hesiod
>nsswitch stuff and glibc appropiately uses hesiod on getpwn*().  For
>Solaris and other systems with an nsswitch interface, you can do
>similarly (do a search for nss_hesiod on google, I don't have the link
>on hand) although some sites just hack /bin/login to add things to
>/etc/passwd.  *shudder*.  For other systems, how do they handle
>NIS/LDAP?  You'll want to do something similar for Hesiod.

So, we have Linux and Solaris ... not exactly full operating system
coverage.  All of the OS's I'm aware of support NIS built-in to the
C library; I think LDAP guys are in the same boat.

--Ken