[OpenAFS] Unknown Authenication Error 37

James Peterson jimpeter@us.ibm.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:47:53 -0700

>>> I've an afs client installed in a  Windos 2000 system for testing.
>>> The client starts up okay but I can't get any tickets from my cell.
>>> I'm running kth-krb4 as kerberos server for the cell. Does the client
>>> only work with a kasserver or is it a configuration issue ?

>> 1. From the Windows 2000 environment you might try to obtain tokens
>> manually:
>>    Bring up the DOS command window
>>    Enter evemtwr     (This will bring up the evenlog window.)
>>    Clear the event log
>>    Start up the AFS service (don't try to obtain tokens).
>>    switch to the DOS command line window
>>    Enter klog yourname@yourcell
>>    Follow with password.
>>    Record any messages or errors in the event log or from the command
line.
>>    Send us the results
>> 2. Try to mount a drive (NET USE * \\machineN-afs\all)
>> 2. Look at the event log for relevant error messages
>> 3. Are you trying to cross over a firewall

> C:\>klog gunnar@ERAL.ERICSSON.SE
> Password:
> Unable to authenticate to AFS because unknown authentication error 37.

Error: RD_AP_TIME     37       /* delta_t too big */

Make the time correct and I bet it does. If necessary tell your computer it
lives in Greenwich, England, and that it's the appropriate UTC time.

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."