[OpenAFS] afsd, openafs-1.2.0, linux kernel 2.4.9, Pentium problem

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:24:45 +0200

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:00:44PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> > I had similar problems. I also upgraded to 1.2.0 because I saw Oopses.
> > But on my machine, the client runs fine for some time and then suddenly
> > Oopsed. I'll send a ksymoops dump if I get to the machine again.
>
> Please do; Thus far I have been unable to reproduce Owen's problem (but
> I'm waiting to hear back from him on something which should make this
> vastly easier to track.)

Hm. Bad luck. ksymoops produced several warnings, so I hesitated to send
it's output. Though, it looks like all Oopses appear after a
"Can't open inode <some number>" either after "Starting AFS cache
scan..." or just from kernel.

Apart from that: Is there a potential problem with having the afsd cache
on reiserfs? I moved it to a separate ext2 and now it seems to run
without problems. I already have the vicepa partitions on ext2.
I'm also using LVM on the machine for flexibility... both vicepa and
vicecache are logical volumes.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/