[OpenAFS] dtlogin and afs under solaris 2.8

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 13:25:02 -0400

On Thursday, October 04, 2001 19:31:39 +0200, Bernd Markgraf
<markgraf@helios.med.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
+-----
| when i try to login using dtlogin under solaris 2.8 i get "Unable to
| access home directory. Click ok to start failsafe session, or cancel to
| restart login." so i click ok, get a single window with a shell and i do
| have a token and can perfectly access everything in my homedir. has anyone
+--->8

Check the AFS ACL on your home directory, you probably need at least "l"
and possibly "rl" for system:anyuser because dtlogin is trying to access
your home directory before PAM installs your token.  (Which may indicate a
dtlogin bug.)

--
brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu