[OpenAFS] afsd, openafs-1.2.0, linux kernel 2.4.9, Pentium problem

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:54:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Tino Schwarze wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:00:44PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
> > > I had similar problems. I also upgraded to 1.2.0 because I saw Oopses.
> > > But on my machine, the client runs fine for some time and then suddenly
> > > Oopsed. I'll send a ksymoops dump if I get to the machine again.
> >
> > Please do; Thus far I have been unable to reproduce Owen's problem (but
> > I'm waiting to hear back from him on something which should make this
> > vastly easier to track.)
>
> Hm. Bad luck. ksymoops produced several warnings, so I hesitated to send
> it's output. Though, it looks like all Oopses appear after a
> "Can't open inode <some number>" either after "Starting AFS cache
> scan..." or just from kernel.

In Owen's case a module I built from unmodified source for the kernel
source version and config he was running worked for him, making this more
or less a non-issue.

-D