[OpenAFS] AFS Issues

Cosimo Leipold cosimo@adv.kellogg.northwestern.edu
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:50:04 -0500 (CDT)

First off, wow is AFS cool. Now for my issues:

	1. Since the AFS Install my procmail is broken. Presumably this is
because of authorization issues - procmail's docs dont seem to have info
re AFS and I can't find much on AFS about procmail. Procmail runs but it
cant write/modify because it isn't authenticated. Solutions?

	2. Occasionally the AFS server dies or reboots. On the client
machine I have I can't seem to kill afsd. killall -9 -v afsd says its
killing them but it isn't - in fact the retain the same PID. kill -9 pid
results in the same behavior. Attempting to use the script to "stop"
doesn't do anything, and "starting" it just makes another 5 or 6 afsd
processes. The only solution is to reboot the machine, at which point it
appears to work fine.

	3. Sometimes when the AFS server dies and the afsd processes
terminate themselves (presumably after some timeout period) I umount /afs
then I restart afsd. It says it can't connect (error 22) but if I just
reboot the machine it connects fine. This isn't a latency or connectivity
issue.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.