[OpenAFS] Separating AFS tokens generation from Authenticatio n

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:23:41 -0400 (EDT)

(reply list pruned; please don't reply to me and the list, either)

On 10 Oct 2001, Derek Atkins wrote:

> "Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> writes:
>
> > Another nice idea, but then you get into what DFS had to do, in effect
> > getting a separate ticket for each server. This required a TGT.
> >
> > The beauty of AFS today, is its simplicity. A token per cell.
>
> It's a trade-off.  The question is, how highly distributed do we want
> to be able to be?  It would be nice if the 'openafs.org' cell (for one
> example, central.org is another) could have servers located all around
> the world.  It would also be nice if physical access to any server
> would not give you full access to the cell.

openafs.org actually has a server in Sweden as of 2 weeks ago. There has
been no official announcement yet.

-D