[OpenAFS] why does osi_Panic oops ?

Bart Banter bartbanter@hotmail.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:06:56 -0500

It seems to me, then, that the AFS kernel code should distinguish between
"This needs to be debugged!" errors and "Don't take another step!" errors.
In the Linux kernel, panic() is called when continuing may cause disk
corruption. It would be good for the AFS code to make the same distinction.
If osi_Panic() is ever used where panic() ought to be called, perhaps an
osi_Oops() routine for the other cases would be a good idea?

--
Guy Streeter
Red Hat