[OpenAFS] Windows 2000 - CellServDB Installation

James Peterson jimpeter@us.ibm.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:28:47 -0700

> - How can I update the CellServDB database so that I no
> longer have to add the authentication server when installing clients?

How to add a cell entry to CellServDB for general installation:

1. Produce a 'golden' CellServDB - add the new cell entry to CellServDB
(%SystemRoot%\afsdcell.ini) using AFS Client Configuration.
2. Make CellServDB general accessible - Place this file (%SystemRoot%
\afsdcell.ini) on the web or other general accessible media (system
hardrive, floppy?).
3. Provide installation instructions - During the installation process you
can select other sources of CellServDB; that is, you can choose CellServDB
from a file, from the web, or the one provided in the installation binary.

Build your own installable binary containing the 'golden' CellServDB.

James Peterson
"Integrity is the base of excellence."