[OpenAFS] building 1.2.2 with gcc on Solaris 8

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:21:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Wangden wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're trying to build OpenAFS 1.2.2 on a Solaris 8 box (sparcv9, FWIW)
> using gcc 3.0.1 and having some trouble.  It looks to me like no one
> has done this before, because the paths are hard-coded to point to the
> Sun Workshop compiler - configure can't even change them.

Correct, because the kernel module is untested, unlikely to build, and
less likely to work, if not compiled with the vendor compiler, currently.
This is unfortunate but true in the current state of things. Perhaps in
the future work can be undertaken to fix it but at the moment I don't have
the resources at my disposal to do so, nor am I aware of anyone
undertaking the work.

-D