[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client for Windows problem.

Kumar Dwarakanath nachim@hotmail.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:33:27 +0000

Hi,
I installed OpenAFS client for Windows NT on my Win2k laptop. The
installation was fine but I am not able to start the client services. When I
try to start the client services I get the following error:

"The AFS client could not be started successfully. You may not have
authorization....error 0x00042a"

I read somewhere on the web that I need to set the LAN adapter to the right
number and I did that too but to no avail. Then while browsing the
openafs-info archives I found that somebody had suggested that I remove the
KEY that sets the LAN adapter number in the Registry. I tried that too
but...:(

Can anybody who faced similar problems and were able to get the client
working successfully for Win2k give me some pointers.

Thanks.

-Kumar.