[OpenAFS] Several OpenAFS issues

Jimmy Engelbrecht jimmy-li@e.kth.se
21 Oct 2001 23:09:42 +0200

Nathan Neulinger <nneul@umr.edu> writes:

> I believe the slow stat stuff was eliminated with the 1.2.2 release, but
> I'm not 100% certain. Dunno if it was client only, or was both a client
> and server change.

The problem with stats that take 3 seconds if you dont had permissions was
solved in 1.2.2, and was an fileserver issue only. The client was not
involved at all, however the openafs client does some strange things
with bulkstat if i am right(but this schouldnt slow down the stat that much)
, i dont know if it still does.

try: /afs/e.kth.se/home/staff/jimmy , and you will see it goes fast and
it does not depend on the client you are using.

/Jimmy