[OpenAFS] OpenAFS client for Linux not quite working

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:41:42 +0200

Hi there,
I'm currently having severe problems with the OpenAFS Linux client.
I've set up an OpenAFS server which is also accessible by a Win9x
client. I'm currently using kernel 2.4.9. The afsd seems to start up
successfully.

When I try to access /afs, I get:
# ls /afs
ls: /afs: Not a directory
# cd /afs
cd: /afs: Not a directory
# [ -d /afs ] && echo is a directory
is a directory
# ls -l / | grep afs
drwxrwxrwx   2  root  root   2048  Sep  5 14:40 afs

(The /afs directory has access rights 755 if not mounted.) Unmounting
/afs makes afsd exit cleanly. But this sometimes fails (since /afs is
busy).

I don't know what to do. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/