[OpenAFS] Backup operations...

Corey Kovacs ckovacs@DEPAUW.EDU
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 12:42:23 -0500

I am trying to set up backup operations for OpenAFS and I have a question about
the backup volumes.

The docs mention two ways to do backups, one is a simple clone which is done
at some interval to which the users are given read access to. The other is to
set
up a tape unit and use the backup utilites. The documentation seems to say that
the backup command itself handles all ofthe cloning etc, but does not say for
sure.
(if it does I am sorry but I just couldn't find a definite answer)

Could someone run through the basics of the proper way to backup afs volumes
to tape?

--
Corey Kovacs               "I know not with what weapons World War III
Computer Science Dept.      will be fought, but World War IV will be