[OpenAFS] open AFS on Solaris 8 on x86

John Tang Boyland boyland@solomons.cs.uwm.edu
Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:57:12 -0500

I would like to run AFS on an Intel box running Solaris 8 x86.
Apparently the sysname should be sunx86_58.  I created
three config files for this sysname by pattern matching from
sun4x_58 config files, and made progress.  Currently the build
ends with:
ild: (undefined symbol) defread -- referenced in the text segment of login.o
ild: (undefined symbol) defcntl -- referenced in the text segment of login.o
ild: (undefined symbol) defopen -- referenced in the text segment of login.o
make[3]: *** [login] Error 5
make[3]: Leaving directory `/users/csfac/boyland/src/openafs-1.1.1a/src/login'
make[2]: *** [login] Error 2
I didn't think we needed a login for Solaris, so maybe there's
a way to tell the build process to skip it.  I'm not so sure I want
to get too deep in this part of the make process.
(and I don't know what to choose for
#define SYS_NAME_ID_sunx86_58  ???
)

But even better than help over this difficulty would be if someone
else has successfully built OpenAFS for sunx86_58.

John Boyland