[OpenAFS] SuSe-RPMs

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:21:21 +0200

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:06:36AM -0400, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> >>You can also try downloading the Red Hat SRPM and rebuilding it on
> >>SuSE.  I don't know what problems Tino has been seeing, but if there
> >>are SuSE-specific problems we should get them corrected in the
> >>upstream.

> > This is unfortunately not possible in a straight-forward manner. SuSE
> > (at least version 7.2+) has it't init scripts in /etc/init.d, it does
> > not use chkconfig but insserv.

[...]
>    I'm running Redhat 7.1 and It has a symlink from /etc/init.d to
> /etc/rc.d/init.d  I think that it has been this way since 7.0.. Does
> this help any?

My comments only apply to my SuSE version of the RPM. They are not
connected to the official RedHat version which you should be able to use
easily.

BTW: It would help a lot if you would not simply write your response
above my full-quoted mail but instead snipped the irrelevant parts and
write your comments below. This helps readability a lot and does not
take your answer out of context. Apart from that I do not need my own
E-mail again full-quoted in yours - I already got it.
See also
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/urz/ZIN/lehre-eng/kap3/zin3-4.html
(section "Quote correctly")
and
http://www.bellcrest.net/Tutorials/outexpressnoreply.html

HTH! Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/