[OpenAFS] OpenAFS with Mac OS X

Cyrille Artho artho@inf.ethz.ch
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:46:30 +0200

I cannot get OpenAFS to work with Mac OS X. Each time the finder is
started, it tries to read the entire /afs/*/* content, which makes the
system wait indefinitely for all the cells.
I have heard that a solution entails a setup where only the local cell
is in /afs/mycell.com and the rest is in /afs/external/*, symlinked in
/afs/*.
However, I could not create such a setup that actually worked. Does
anybody know how to achieve this (please give *all* required settings,
i.e., /var/db/openafs/etc/config/*, /var/db/openafs/etc/cacheinfo, and
any scripts required), or how to solve the finder problem in a different
way?
--
Regards,
Cyrille Artho - http://artho.com/ - Tel. +41 - [0]1 - 632 09 88