[OpenAFS] Fixing the mess

Jean-Marc Chaton jcn@austin.ibm.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:05:04 +0200

* Jean-Marc Chaton [Tue, 25/09/2001 at 14:15 +0200]
> > The ptserver database is in a bad state. (The fileserver tries to get
> > the information about system:anyuser at startup.)
>
> Obviously there is something here:  prdb.DB0 sizes only 64 bytes. So it
> looks like I lost it. I gonna try to rebuilt it with the entries I have in
> the KDC.

It's not so bad. prdb.DB0 is 64k in fact.
bos adduser server user -localauth with an existing user complain normaly.

pts listentries gives a 'pts: database needs rebuilding ; unable to list
entries' So I have the feeling that things can be put on track again. Some
ideas ?

How to rebuild the database ?

--
Jean-Marc Chaton    |   La Terre n'est pas un héritage de nos
IBM Paris AD Lab    | ancêtres, nous l'empruntons à nos enfants.