[OpenAFS] SuSe-RPMs

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:19:18 +0200

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 03:15:32PM -0400, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

[...]

> also, any particular reason why the start is hardcoded?  /sbin/insserv is
> your friend.
>
> 2@last:206 Z# head -15 /etc/init.d/afs
> #! /bin/sh
> #
> # SuSE-ified AFS startup script.
> #
> # LSB => chkconfig (a sane one: dependencies! woo)
> ### BEGIN INIT INFO
> # Provides: afs
> # Required-Start: $network
> # Required-Stop: $network

insserv's depency checking is incomplete. There is no way to specify
that AFS should be started after xntpd. Either I use xntpd and have to
add it as "Required-Start" or I have to stick to the AFS time sync.

Insserv has other weaknesses... It does not handle links the way I would
expect it (I had a compatibility link in /etc/init.d and left the init
script at /etc/init.d/rc.d - insserv didn't like it).

But we digressed...

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/