[OpenAFS] Harddisk sizes

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
03 Apr 2002 09:23:42 -0500

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> writes:

> Oki, that seems to be /vicepa. I see that I used a scratch disk (a very
> small one) when i initially set up the system, just to try it out.

Yes, /vicepX are your AFS Server volumes, where the server stores
your AFS data.

> I'd like to have one huge partition/disk there instead...

Why?  AFS supports multiple /vice partitions.  The only constraint is
that your volume cannot cross multiple partitions.

>         1. Can I just copy the information from /vicepa to the new disk,
>            and then do a remount?
>         2. Can I use XFS+LVM for this mount? I'm currently using XFS, but
>            without LVM...

Just mount your disk as /vicepb and "vos move" all your volumes from
"server a" to "server b".  Then, later, if you want to remount the
disk as /vicepa, you can do so and just rebuild your vldb.

-derek