[OpenAFS] tsm client for linux

Leo Luan leoluan@us.ibm.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 01:32:43 -0800

The libApiDS.so is TSM's implementation of XBSA (Xopen Backup Service A=
PI).
As far as I know, this XBSA library is not supported by the TSM product=
 on
Linux yet.  I suggest that you register with your IBM rep the requireme=
nt
of the XBSA support on Linux.  It may happen if there is enough custome=
demands.

An alternative would be to implement the function using the ADSM (TSM) =
API,
which is supported on Linux. This was how the TSM support was done
originally for the AFS volume backup (with the name "buta").

XBSA support on Linux would be a much better route, of course, given it=
's
standard based.

Leo Luan

Heiko Schulz <hrs@mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de>@openafs.org on 04/04/200=