[OpenAFS] SMP problems

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:19:48 -0600 (CST)

> Hi! I am trying to build openafs in a SMP Rehat Linux 7.2 machine with
> kernel-2.4.9-31smp.  Unfortunately openafs does not seem to compile with
> the smp libafs and keeps complainning about it. Can anyone give me
> pointers on how to build openafs with SMP support to my kernel?  I
> checked  the conf files and I have not found anything about it.  I would
> really appreciate any advice.

The process for building the SMP version is no different that for building
the regular module.

Could you be more specific about your error messages?  Do you have the
kernel headers installed (accessable through /usr/src/linux symlink), and
a 'make dep' completed?  Are you using the openafs-kernel SRPM?

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]