[OpenAFS] directory corruption with Linux 2.4.[16|17]

Blake Atkins Blake.Atkins@ScholarOne.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 22:18:23 -0500

John,

     You are lucky that the client ever worked with XFS as the underlying
filesystem.  I have tried that several times in the past and get the exact
same troubles you are having. I also tried it with JFS and Reiser.  Reiser
seemed to go the longest without corruption but corruption still happened.  I
have not tried ext3.  Of course, I have not had any trouble with XFS as the
underlying filesystem of the OS and having a separate ext2 partition for the
cache.

--Blake