[OpenAFS] directory corruption with Linux 2.4.[16|17]

Martin Schulz schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
03 Apr 2002 17:27:07 +0200

John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com> writes:

> I think it's just my client cache getting corrupted - if I log into
> another AFS client and check that same directory its contents are fine.

You may simply wipe out the cache. The files will automatically be
created again at the next start of the client.

> Is anybody else seeing this? I'm also running XFS (from SGI) - I've been
> running it for over a year now but this problem only popped up as of
> kernel 2.4.16.

Are you running the cache on XFS? This might be the reason. Try ext2.

Yours,
--
Martin Schulz                             schulz@iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung