[OpenAFS] Backups (Was: Not a directory)

Tino Schwarze tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:36:03 +0200

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 10:10:54AM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> I have quite a large  setup without AFS (ie, non-AFS filesystems) that
> is  currently beeing  backed up  with AFBackup.  Other hosts  are also
> using my tapedrive for backups.
>
> Is it possible to mix the two systems without problems?

It should be. The backup process would be three steps: First create backup
volumes, second make dumps of all backup volumes, third backup those
dumps.

Of course, file-level or incremental backups are not possible this way.

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/