[OpenAFS] IBM withdrawing AFS

J Michael Mosley J Michael Mosley <jmmosley@uncc.edu>
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:17:35 -0400 (EDT)

Is anybody providing commecrial support for OpenAFS yet?

Having source and the mailing lists are great for us from development/deployment
point of view but it would also be nice to continue to have some type of phone
support. Crisis situations where we have had to use that type of support have
been rare, but  we rely heavily on AFS, and we like to be prepared.

Also, all of our NT (soon to be XP) desktops use the AFS client and we have
concerns about how well the OpenAFS group will be able to provide ports to the
future Microsoft releases.

Mike

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Paul Blackburn wrote:
>
> It seems to me that there is now a great opportunity for OpenAFS
> and others to carry the AFS torch.
>
> Think of the commercial possibilites for providing support and education.

Mike Mosley  				Email: jmmosley@uncc.edu
Systems Software Developer 		Phone: (704) 687-3522
College of Engineering, UNC-Charlotte 	Fax: (704) 687-2352