AW: [OpenAFS] AFS authentication against Active Directory & MIT Kerberos V

Fabian Aichele faichele@primusnetz.de
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:31:36 +0200

Hello!

Thank you for answering.
Sorry, but I didn't mention: I have two Kerberos realms, but only ONE AFS
cell.
The two realms are HILARENHAUS.HILARITAS.DE and
LINUX.HILARENHAUS.HILARITAS.DE, the AFS cell is named
linux.hilarenhaus.hilaritas.de and uses the MIT Kerberos server that
controls LINUX.HILARENHAUS.HILARITAS.DE as authentication source.
Is it possible to make AFS accept user principals from both realms (provided
the according pts entries exist)? Or must I use an AFS cell that   has
exactly the same name as my Kerberos realm?

>From the few mailing list messages I found on my problem there seems to be a
simpler way to achieve what I'd like to do:
To use Windows 2000 Kerberos/LDAP as authentication source for my Unix
stations, and provide Kerberos 4 tickets from a krb524d that runs on my
Linux server. Did anyone get that to work?

Regards, Fabian Aichele

>Do you have the AFS group "system:authuser@hilarenhaus.hilaritas.de"
>setup on your system?
>
>What's going on is that aklog is trying to setup a cross-cell
>authentication to your AFS cell, but you don't have the appropriate
>cross-cell group setup up properly to allow cross-cell auth.
>
>-derek

>>Fabian Aichele" <faichele@primusnetz.de> writes:

>> Hello!
>>
>>A while ago I asked for help with using MIT Kerberos as authentication
>> source for AFS, which I got to work thanks to the tips I got from the
list.
>> I run a small heterogenous LAN (mainly M$ Windows stations, a few Linux
>> stations), and my ultimate goal would be to achieve a "single source of
>> authentication" so that all my users only have to remember, change etc.
one

@HILARENHAUS.HILARITAS.DE