[OpenAFS] vos command error while creating first AFS volume on Tru64 5.1A

Jean-Pierre Vorlet Jean-Pierre.Vorlet@unifr.ch
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:15:26 MET_DST

While trying to install the first AFS server on Tru64 5.1A operating
system using OpenAFS version 1.2.3, it was impossible to create the
first AFS volume, root.afs !

I have downloaded alpha_dux50.tar.gz at
http://www.openafs.org/release/latest.html and followed exactly the
instructions found at http://www.openafs.org/doc/index.htm.

Everything was Ok until I use the following command to create the
first AFS volume:
 ./vos create siuf.unifr.ch /vicepa root.afs   \
                             -cell unifr.cht  -noauth

This command always return the following error message:

Failed to create the volume root.afs 536870957
: I/O error
Error in vos create command.
: I/O error

I have tried to use UFS and AdvFS file system, but same result!
Any help is appreciated.

Jean-Pierre Vorlet   Jean-Pierre.Vorlet@unifr.ch   +41 26 300 7218
 System Manager      University of Fribourg            Switzerland