RE[2]: [OpenAFS] vos command error while creating first AFS volume on Tru64 5.1A

Jean-Pierre Vorlet Jean-Pierre.Vorlet@unifr.ch
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:25:06 MET_DST

>Jean-Pierre Vorlet <Jean-Pierre.Vorlet@unifr.ch> writes:
>
>> While trying to install the first AFS server on Tru64 5.1A operating
>> system using OpenAFS version 1.2.3, it was impossible to create the
>> first AFS volume, root.afs !
>>
>> I have downloaded alpha_dux50.tar.gz at
>> http://www.openafs.org/release/latest.html and followed exactly the
>> instructions found at http://www.openafs.org/doc/index.htm.
>>
>> Everything was Ok until I use the following command to create the
>> first AFS volume:
>>  ./vos create siuf.unifr.ch /vicepa root.afs   \
>>                              -cell unifr.cht  -noauth
>>
>> This command always return the following error message:
>>
>> Failed to create the volume root.afs 536870957
>> : I/O error
>> Error in vos create command.
>> : I/O error
>
>What does the serverlog's says ?
>
>is the kernelmodule loaded ?
>
># sysconfig -s | grep afs

This command return:     afs: loaded and configured

>did you give any special configure-flags ?
No, I used the binary distribution

>could you exec the following command also:
># vos parti <server>

1) List partitions:

$ ./vos listpar siuf.unifr.ch -noauth
The partitions on the server are:
    /vicepa
Total: 1

2) Partition info:

$ ./vos partinfo siuf.unifr.ch /vicepa -noauth
Free space on partition /vicepa: 4184864 K blocks out of total 4184880

>> I have tried to use UFS and AdvFS file system, but same result!
>> Any help is appreciated.
>
>you want to use UFS, dont use AdvFS, dont use AdvFS for the cache on
>client's either.
>
>/Jimmy

But still no idea why the "./vos create" command return I/O error !

Regards,
Jean-Pierre Vorlet   Jean-Pierre.Vorlet@unifr.ch   +41 26 300 7218
 System Manager      University of Fribourg            Switzerland