[OpenAFS] AFS clients for older IRIX versions

Jörg Baus joerg.baus@kmweg.de
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:47:11 +0200

I finally changed our networkfilesystem from nfs and samba to openafs (environment: irix,
solaris, linux and win). Unfortunately, openafs does not support the older irix versions which
I could not upgrade for internal reasons. I need

5 Clients for irix 5.3 IP22 - R4400
2 Clients for irix 5.3 IP22 - R5000
1 Client  for irix 6.2 IP19 - R4400
1 Client  for irix 6.4 IP27 - R10000

I asked Transarc but they answered:

> I'm sorry but there is no way for you to purchase AFS 3.4a (even =
without
> support) since the product has been withdrawn from marketing.

Is anybody out there with experience with these clients in an openafs (linux-server)
environment?

Is there a way out to test it myself and perhaps purchase these clients second hand?

Best Wishes

-- Jörg Baus