[OpenAFS] Linux Alpha Port status?

Marc Schmitt schmitt@inf.ethz.ch
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 00:45:02 +0200

Hi all,

I just did a `rpm -bb openafs-1.2.3.spec` on an ES40 with kernel
2.4.9-31 (RedHat 7.1). After changing the
"sysname=${sysbase}_linux%{kernvers}" occurrences in the spec file to
match the naming convention for alpha in the sources
(${sysbase}_linux_%{kernvers}), compilation run through smoothly.

The NEWS file reads: "... the Alpha Linux port has a partially working
client." Here is what I got when I started AFS:
Found libafs-2.4.9-31-alpha.o from SymTable... Loading...
Starting AFS Services...
afsd: All AFS daemons started.
afsd: Can`t mount AFS on /afs(22)

/afs existed before I tried to start AFS, btw, so I guess the problem is
  the early state of the Alpha port and not my setup? ;)
lsmod would show libafs-2.4.9-31 as loaded but used by 0. Doing an rmmod
gives an Oops.

When can one expect a fully working client for Linux Alpha approximately?

TIA

Regards,
	Marc