[OpenAFS] vos : partition /vicepa does not exist on the server

Tim C. tim@umbc.edu
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:41:48 -0400

>   I am running and am being stymied at:
>
> vos create morley.stimble.net /vicepa root.afs -cell stimble -noauth
>
>   I get the error:
> vos : partition /vicepa does not exist on the server
>
> There is a 900MB ext2 partition mounted to /vicepa.
> Any help would be greatley appreciated.

  Well if it says there is no /vicepa partition, then there isn't as far as the
afs server on morley is concerned.  So you should do a
"bos status morley.stimble.net"  And should get something like this:

Instance fs, currently running normally.
    Auxiliary status is: file server running.

  And if you do, then do a "vos partinfo morley.stimble.net" and you should see
/vicepa listed.  If the first fails, then you don't have the fs started.  If
the second fails, then you probably mounted /vicepa after the fileserver
started.  So you should restart the fs process...and figure out why it wasn't
mounted first.

Hope this helps,
  Tim

Tim Craig		These are my opinions and not my employers. :)
OIT-Systems	&	Imaging Research Center
tim@umbc.edu		It's hard to be serious when you're
			naked. - Garfield