[OpenAFS] afs throws tokens away (linux)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:17:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:

> On all of the three machines the afs token occasionally is lost. This
> happens quite often after login and/or if there's quite a lot of network
> traffic (e.g. while running a ftp mirror to the afs space). The kerberos Ticket
> is still present, so typing "aklog" in a shell is sufficient to get an
> afs token immediately.

I'd guess this was the 1.2.5 "didn't create a pag" bug.

> present after login, however the pam-modules don't seem to generate a
> pag. It seems the pag is not needed for using my files. What am i
> missing here?

It's not needed, but it would presumably prevent a subsequent session from
discarding tokens.

> I can't find no indication of the token being dropped in any of the
> server logs. The system logs show nothing at all, as far as i can see
> (maybe i'm looking for the wrong patterns).

Is something else starting a session for the same uid that owns these
tokens?