[OpenAFS] afs throws tokens away (linux)

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs 6delgado@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:49:34 +0200

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

Hi!

Derrick J Brashear schrieb:
> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:
> > present after login, however the pam-modules don't seem to generate a
> > pag. It seems the pag is not needed for using my files. What am i
> > missing here?
>=20
> It's not needed, but it would presumably prevent a subsequent session from
> discarding tokens.
>=20
> > I can't find no indication of the token being dropped in any of the
> > server logs. The system logs show nothing at all, as far as i can see
> > (maybe i'm looking for the wrong patterns).
>=20
> Is something else starting a session for the same uid that owns these
> tokens?
Uhm, i'm not sure what you mean by session. I usually run a lot of
shells, and but they are all using the same krb5 credentials cache and
(presumably) the same afs tokens.

If i log in at a different console, or via ssh, a new krb cc is used and
the krb5 tokens and the afs token has a different expiry time than that
from the first "session", so i assume it is a different token.

I'm not sure how i could find out if "something else" is "starting a
session for the same uid that owns these tokens".

Do you mean some sort of cronjob that authenticates with afs? On my home
machine, procmail does this to write to my mailbox files, however at
work i don't use such a setup.

Or do you mean some process that does a "su" to my uid, without
authenticating?

Kind regards
	Friedel
--=20
	Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--