[OpenAFS] OpenAFS, Debian, Kerberos and no permissions

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
06 Aug 2002 10:05:23 -0400

Adrian Knoth <adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de> writes:

> adi@ppc201:~$ klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000
> Default principal: adi@MINET.UNI-JENA.DE
>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 08/06/02 15:33:15  08/07/02 01:33:13  krbtgt/MINET.UNI-JENA.DE@MINET.UNI-JENA.DE

Note that your principal is "adi"

> adi@ppc201:~$ aklog
> adi@ppc201:~$ tokens
>
> Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
>
> Tokens for afs@minet.uni-jena.de [Expires Aug  7 01:33]
>    --End of list--

This implies that there is no user "adi" in your PTDB...

> Now I think I'm more or less "online", but at home AFS-IDs are shown for
> tokens (they are missing here).
>
> adi@ppc201:~$ bos listusers localhost
> SUsers are: adi/admin adi
>
> ppc201:/home/adi# pt_util -m
> Ubik Version is: 1237667645.33554432
> system:backup 2/0 -205 -204 -204
> system:administrators 130/20 -204 -204 -204
>    adi/admin 1
> system:ptsviewers 2/0 -203 -204 -204
> system:authuser 2/0 -102 -204 -204
> system:anyuser 2/0 -101 -204 -204

This shows that you do not have "adi" in your PTDB, which confirms my
diagnosis.  Also, note that you should use adi.admin, not adi/admin!
AFS uses krb4 names, not krb5 names.

> But every other action fails:
>
> adi@ppc201:~$ pts listentries
> Name                          ID  Owner Creator
> pts: Permission denied ; unable to list entries
>
> adi@ppc201:~$ fs sa /afs/ system:anyuser rl
> fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs/'
>
> and so on. What is wrong? Why does Kerberos fails?

Right, because "adi" is not an admin.

-derek