[OpenAFS] OpenAFS, Debian, Kerberos and no permissions

Adrian Knoth adi@drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:35:23 +0200

Hi,

at home I'm using AFS with the old kaserver, but now I tried to
install the new 1.2.6 with Kerberos5.

I feel it is all more or less right, but I cannot get the required
AFS-permissions to bootstrap the cell.

adi@ppc201:~$ /usr/sbin/kadmin
Authenticating as principal adi/admin@MINET.UNI-JENA.DE with password.
Enter password:
kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface

This failes, but the acl-File stats me as admin. Well this was only
the first problem. I log in:

adi@ppc201:~$ klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000
Default principal: adi@MINET.UNI-JENA.DE

08/06/02 15:33:15  08/07/02 01:33:13  krbtgt/MINET.UNI-JENA.DE@MINET.UNI-JENA.DE

adi@ppc201:~$ aklog
adi@ppc201:~$ tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

Tokens for afs@minet.uni-jena.de [Expires Aug  7 01:33]
   --End of list--

Now I think I'm more or less "online", but at home AFS-IDs are shown for
tokens (they are missing here).

adi@ppc201:~$ bos listusers localhost
SUsers are: adi/admin adi

ppc201:/home/adi# pt_util -m
Ubik Version is: 1237667645.33554432
system:backup 2/0 -205 -204 -204
system:administrators 130/20 -204 -204 -204
   adi/admin 1
system:ptsviewers 2/0 -203 -204 -204
system:authuser 2/0 -102 -204 -204
system:anyuser 2/0 -101 -204 -204

But every other action fails:

adi@ppc201:~$ pts listentries
Name                          ID  Owner Creator
pts: Permission denied ; unable to list entries

adi@ppc201:~$ fs sa /afs/ system:anyuser rl
fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs/'

and so on. What is wrong? Why does Kerberos fails?

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Fährst Du rückwärts an den Baum, verkleinert sich der Kofferraum!