[OpenAFS] XDR_integer overflow problem

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:43:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, David R Boldt wrote:

> Is the affected Solaris RPC library from which AFS inherits
> this bug dynamically linked, and would patching the library
> fix the problem?  Sun apparently has a patch available.

For versions previous to OpenAFS 1.2.6 we did use the system RPC library's
XDR routines, so if you didn't upgrade, that will fix it (in the servers;
The cache manager always used some of our own XDR functions and starting
in OpenAFS 1.2.5 the cache manager uses only our own XDR functions.)

If you upgraded to OpenAFS 1.2.6 we use our own XDR everywhere, and this
fix was applied.