[OpenAFS] AFS over NAT

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
07 Aug 2002 17:32:36 -0400

Nathan Davis <davisn@mailandnews.com> writes:

> Yes.  I didn't mean for the gateway to replace ACLs.  Only that you may want
> to restrict access to certain volumes from outside access, regardless of the
> ACLs.

Well, you could do this by having a fileserver (not db server) with
all your "local only" volumes (and nothing else) -- then put this one
machine behind a firewall just that it can only communicate with your
local clients and DB servers.  Other clients will timeout if they try
to access these volumes.

Just make sure that anything that you do want available does NOT have
a copy on this server.

> --Nathan Davis

-derek